Real Christmas Tree Disposal Recommendations by Community
Each year the Estevan Kin Clubs supply a containment bin for the controlled disposal of Christmas trees for City of Estevan residents. The bin will be placed on the East side of the Cemetery Road, South of the cemetery gates.
This bin is for organic tree waste only. No garbage or plastic bags. Be sure to remove all ornaments from the trees before disposing.
Last Mountain Regional Landfill — Dec 28 - Jan 11, 2023
- Free Christmas Tree drop off at the Last Mountain Regional Landfill. Wednesday & Saturday: 10:00a.m. to 3:00p.m.
Lloydminster Curbside Collection & Landfill Drop-Off — Dec 28 - Jan 21, 2023
Residential Curbside Collection – From January 9 to 13, 2023, natural, undecorated Christmas trees will be accepted as part of curbside collection. Simply place your tree on the curbside by to 7 a.m. on your collection day and the City will remove it for you.
Landfill Drop-off – From December 27, 2021, to January 22, 2022, natural, undecorated Christmas trees will accepted at the landfill.
All trees collected through these methods will be mulched and donated back to the community.
Martensville Yard Waste Site — Open all year 24/7
- The City of Martensville requests that residents dispose of their Christmas trees at the Yard Waste Composting Site (10th Ave. S) in the area designated for tree limbs. This site is accessible off of 10th Avenue South and is located directly south of the dog park.
- Remove all lights, ornaments, tinsel, string, garland, tree stands and any other decorations. Do not dispose of artificial trees or household waste. Do not bag or wrap your tree (including recyclable tree bags). Please do not stack or place trees in a manner which may cause them to easily topple over, or in an area which impedes vehicular or pedestrian traffic
Meadow Lake Compost Facility — Open all year 24/7
- The City of Meadow Lake has a large composting site located at the 800 Block of 9th Avenue East. All residents may take their unadorned (tinsel & ornaments removed) Christmas trees there.
Melfort Compost Site — Open all year 24/7
- Christmas trees can be discarded at the Community Services Shop, 510 Division Street, on the north side of the building. Please ensure all lights and decorations have been removed from the tree.
Melville — Date TBA
- The City of Melville is offering all residents free tipping for live Christmas trees at the Melville Landfill. Please remember to bring your proof of address.
Moose Jaw — Date TBA
- You can drop off your natural undecorated Christmas tree in the parking lot of the Bike Park west of Yara Centre (1220 High St. West).
North Battleford — Dec 25 - Jan 28, 2023
Once again, the City of North Battleford will be recycling Christmas trees into chips for mulch. The mulch is used in tree and shrub beds, improving growth by retaining moisture and suppressing weed growth. All lights, string, wire, ornaments, tinsel, and fake snow must be removed before dropping off your tree. Materials left on trees can damage City equipment and become mixed in the mulch, degrading its usefulness. There are two free drop-off locations available to residents.
- City of North Battleford Parks Shop located at 11202 - 8th Avenue. Available until January 27th, open from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Waste Management Facility without fees until Saturday, January 28th. Regular fees for Christmas trees will be applied resuming on January 30th. The Waste Management Facility is open Monday to Saturday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, with no admittance past 5:45 pm.
Prince Albert Christmas Tree Drop-off — Dec 29 - Jan 29, 2023
Due to a no Christmas tree burn this year, the City is requesting that Prince Albert Residents drop off their Christmas Trees, free of charge, at the City Landfill until January 29, 2023. All decorations should be removed from the trees. If trees are placed in plastic tree bags, these bags will have to be removed before drop off. Follow the signs to the clean woodpile area at the landfill, where the trees should be placed.
Regina Treecycle Program — Dec 26 - Jan 31, 2023
- Free Christmas Tree Drop off at the Fleet Street Landfill for composting. Monday to Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Be sure your tree has no decorations and is not in a disposable bag.
Saskatoon Christmas Tree Compost Drop-off — Dec 26 - Jan 31, 2023
Live (natural) trees only. Artificial trees should be sold, donated, or disposed of at the Landfill. Trees should be unwrapped and unbound. Remove all decorations, ornaments, and plastic bags before dropping off your tree. Even small bits of tinsel or plastic can impact the quality of the wood chips. The City will not pick up trees from back lanes, street fronts, or garbage and recycling carts.
Swift Current Christmas Tree Collection Program — Dec 26 - Jan 8, 2023
- Simply drop your tree off at one of the following locations, and Santa and his team will take care of it from there… The trees collected in the bin at the disposal sites are taken to the City Landfill's Clean Wood Site.
- North Side - Innovation Credit Union InnovationPlex parking lot
- South Side - Fairview Pool lot
- West Side - Truck Water Fill Station (North Service Rd W)
- East Landfill
You can also take your tree directly to the City Landfill if you so choose, free of charge for this same duration.
Warman — Jan 2-15, 2023
- The City of Warman will have a depot available for Christmas trees from January 2 to 15, 2023 located at 2 Pacific Avenue, Warman SK.
Weyburn Christmas Tree Pick Up — Jan 14, 2023
- The Young Fellows will be picking up real Christmas trees left curbside by the second weekend of January.
White City Christmas Tree Pick Up — Jan 3-13, 2023
- Town staff will start picking up your used Christmas tree once the new year begins. Please make sure all decorations and lights are removed from the tree before placing it on your driveway with the stump facing towards the road. Town staff will be driving around collecting trees continuously throughout the days.
Yorkton Christmas Tree Drop-off Site — Dec 25 - Jan 15, 2023
You can drop off your natural Christmas tree for free at the drop off area in the Gallagher Centre Parking Lot.
ALL decorations, lights, tinsel, stands, nails and tree bags MUST be removed prior to placing your tree curbside.