Real Christmas Tree Disposal Recommendations by Community
Estevan Kinsmen Tree Drop Off
Each year the Estevan Kin Clubs supply a containment bin for the controlled disposal of Christmas trees for City of Estevan residents. The bin will be placed on the East side of the Cemetery Road, South of the cemetery gates.
This bin is for organic tree waste only. No garbage or plastic bags. Be sure to remove all ornaments from the trees before disposing.
Last Mountain Regional Landfill — Dec 30 - Jan 13, 2021.
- Free Christmas Tree drop off at the Last Mountain Regional Landfill. Wednesday & Saturday: 10:00a.m. to 3:00p.m.
(Eligible) Residential Curbside Collection – Jan 11 – 15, 2021. Trees should be on the curb by 7am on collection day, with the tinsel and decorations removed
Landfill Drop Off - Dec 28, 2020 to Jan 22, 2021 during regular operating hours. Decorations removed
Martensville Christmas Tree Collection Site — Open all year 24/7
- The City of Martensville requests that residents dispose of their Christmas trees at the Yard Waste Composting Site (10th Ave. S) in the area designated for tree limbs. This site is accessible off of 10th Avenue South and is located directly south of the dog park.
- Remove all lights, ornaments, tinsel, string, garland, tree stands and any other decorations. Do not dispose of artificial trees or household waste. Do not bag or wrap your tree (including recyclable tree bags). Please do not stack or place trees in a manner which may cause them to easily topple over, or in an area which impedes vehicular or pedestrian traffic
Meadow Lake — Compost Facility Open all year 24/7
- Located at the 800 Block of 9th Avenue East
Melfort —Open all year 24/7
- Christmas trees can be discarded at the Community Services Shop, 510 Division Street, on the north side of the building. Please ensure all lights and decorations have been removed from the tree.
Melville Free Tipping — Jan 2 - 9, 2021
- The City of Melville is offering all residents free tipping for live Christmas trees at the Melville Landfill. Please remember to bring your proof of address.
North Battleford Christmas Tree Recycling— Dec 25 - Jan 22, 2021
- Christmas trees can be dropped off at no cost at either the Waste Management Facility or to the Parks Department Yard during opening hours. All tinsel and ornaments must be removed from the tree(s) before being dropped off at the designated location.
Prince Albert — Dec 25 - Jan 11, 2021
- Citizens of Prince Albert are encouraged to drop off their Christmas trees for city pick-up, at no cost, by the Alfred Jenkins Field House on the corner of 28th Street and 10th Avenue West. City staff will dispose of trees from the drop off point until January 11th, 2021. Signs will be up indicating where to place trees.
Regina Treecycle Program — Dec 26 - Jan 31
- Free Christmas Tree Drop off at the Fleet Street Landfill for composting. Monday to Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. While tinsel and garlands add a festive sparkle, please be sure your tree has no decorations and is not in a tree disposal bag when dropping off at the depot.
Saskatoon Christmas Tree Compost Drop offs — Dec 26 - Jan 31
Live (natural) trees only. Artificial trees should be sold, donated, or disposed of at the Landfill. Trees should be unwrapped and unbound. Remove all decorations, ornaments, and plastic bags before dropping off your tree. Even small bits of tinsel or plastic can impact the quality of the wood chips.
Swift Current Christmas Tree Collection — Dec 23 - Jan 13, 2021
North Side - Innovation Credit Union I-Plex lot, yard waste site, South Side - Former St. Joe's School Site on Dahl Street, West Side - Truck Water Fill Station (North Service Rd W) or East Landfill
You can also take your tree directly to the City Landfill if you so choose, free of charge for this same duration
Weyburn — Jan 10, 2021
- The Young Fellows will be picking up real Christmas trees left curbside on Sunday, January 10.
White City Christmas Tree Pick Up —Jan 4-15, 2021
- Town staff will start picking up your used Christmas tree once the new year begins. Please make sure all decorations and lights are removed from the tree before placing it on your driveway with the stump facing towards the road. Town staff will be driving around collecting trees continuously throughout the days.
Warman — Jan 2-18, 2021
- The City of Warman will have a compost bin for Christmas trees located on the east side of Diamond Arena, 2 Pacific Avenue, Warman SK.
Yorkton — Dec 25 - Jan 18, 2021
You can drop off your natural Christmas tree for free at the drop off area in the Gallagher Centre Parking Lot.
ALL decorations, lights, tinsel, stands, nails and tree bags MUST be removed prior to placing your tree curbside.