Saskatchewan Joins the Nation in Celebrating Waste Reduction Week in Canada October 15- 21, 2018
Help us celebrate Waste Reduction Week!
There are opportunities to reduce waste in all areas of your life. Adopt a new waste-reducing habit today. Check out these links for suggestions on how you can make a difference.
Consider having Waste Reduction Week officially proclaimed in your community! For a sample proclamation, click here - but don't worry, anything goes! Send your proclamation to the Waste Reduction Council at #208 - 220 - 20th Street West, Saskatoon, SK, S7M 0W9, drop us a line at [email protected], or fax us at (306) 955-5852.
Each day of the week has its own waste related theme and coordinated events:
Monday, October 15: The Circular Economy and Launch Events
- Media Event: Launch event at Westmount School in Saskatoon in partnership with SARCAN Recycling.
- Public event: Free Movie Screening in Regina of WASTED: The Story of Food Waste at the Artesian, 2627 13th Ave, Regina. 7pm-9pm. See the Facebook event here.
Tuesday, October 16: Textiles
- Facebook live recycling Q&A session with Loraas Recycling
Wednesday, October 17: Celebrating Champions and Innovators
- SWRC Waste Minimization Awards Nominations open
Thursday, October 18: Plastics
- Car seat recycling events in Saskatoon and Regina. $5 fee applies.
- Saskatoon and area: Recycling opens Oct 18th along with a care seat safety clinic by SGI and the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute. See the main event page or the Saskatoon Facebook event for more information.
- Regina and area: Recycling opens Oct 17th along with a car seat clinic as well. See the main event page or the Regina Facebook event.
Friday, October 19: Food Waste
- Love Food, Hate Waste - learn more about reducing food waste in our comunity. Watch our Facebook page for more information.
Saturday October 20: Swap, Share and Repair
- Repair Cafe, Saskatoon. At the Saskatoon Makerspace 140 Ave C South, 10am-4pm - one day only. Free event to bring broken items for repair. See the Facebook event here.
Sunday October 21: E-waste
Join the other concerned Canadians planning activities that promote waste-free households, workplaces, schools and communities.Organizers, municipalities, businesses, and community groups will be planning events for Waste Reduction Week. Why not schedule an event yourself—send us your ideas!
Waste Reduction Week in Canada main website