Tuesday, May 17, 2022
During its review of the Multi-Material Recycling Program (blue bin recycling program for packaging and paper), the Ministry of Environment received positive feedback to consider shifting the program from Shared Responsibility between producers and municipalities to Full Producer Responsibility. British Columbia's program has Full Producer Responsibility and other provinces with Shared Responsibility are now moving this direction. While new regulations have not yet been approved, and how the program might work in Saskatchewan hasn't been established, we can learn from the experiences of those in other provinces. Join us to hear from them.
- Brienne Bennett, Senior Waste Management Coordinator, Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment
- Alda Nicmans, BC Product Stewardship Council
- Sarah Willie, Solid Waste Analyst, Comox Valley Regional District
- David McKenna, Director, Waste Policy Section, Alberta Environment & Parks
- Karen Melnychuk, Executive Director, Multi-Material Stewardship Manitoba
- Dave Gordon, Senior Advisor, Waste Diversion, Association of Municipalities of Ontario