Car Seat Recycling Pilot Project
It's finally here, just in time for Waste Reduction Week in Canada: an opportunity to recycle your expired or damaged car seat responsibly. Don't miss out - this is a limited time offer, and we can only accept 250 seats at each location.
Here's how to participate: Starting October 17th
1) Pay your $5 recycling fee: (This fee covers the cost of having the seat completely dismantled so as many parts as possible can be recycled. The normal cost to recycle is $18 + tax for a seat, and $10 + tax for a booster. The price is reduced to $5 by a subsidy provided by the Cities of Saskatoon and Regina.)
- Go to ATMO.ca and under the tab "Select your location" choose
Ready, Set, Baby - Saskatoon
- Add as many car seats and booster seats as you have to recycle to your shopping cart - there is no limit, but they are $5 EACH.
(Car seat bases are included in the price of a seat)
- Pay by credit card
2) Print or save your confirmation number
3) Take the seat into your closest location during their regular business hours, along with your proof of payment.
- Saskatoon: Ready, Set, Baby on 10-741 7th Ave N
- Regina: Hello Baby on 2555 Quance St
Then tell all your friends to do it too!
This is a short, four week long pilot project - it is not yet an ongoing program, so don't wait! This project is a partnership between ATMO and the Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council.
Thanks to our sponsors:
The City of Saskatoon - Saskatoon.ca/waste
The City of Regina - Regina.ca/waste
Beaver Containers (Saskatoon)
Astro Towing (Saskatoon)
Wayne's Rentals (Regina)
Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI)