Who are SWRC members?
Our members are : individuals, businesses, non-profits, municipalities and waste regions. Membership fees align with the size and type of the organization.
Join the SWRC - fill in a Membership Application
We keep our members up-to-date with the latest news in waste reduction, such as when new waste management programs are announced, changes to existing programs and opportunities to attend conferences in Saskatchewan and Canada. Our monthly newsletter, WasteWatch. includes Green Living articles, and information on SWRC news. All members are invited to our annual events and receive a preferred rate:
- Annual ReForum conference: brings together people from western Canada to learn about waste and recycling. Held alternately in Regina and Saskatoon.
- Compost Field Day: an opportunity to learn more about large and small scale composting and see it in action
- Fall Workshops: focus on updating municipal employees on the latest programs and changes. Held in three to four locations around the province to serve a wider area than our annual conference.
- Special topic workshops as announced (Ie — Food waste, Community based social marketing)
Interested in supporting SWRC as an individual member, but not planning to attend our events? Consider becoming an annual donor. With a minimum donation of $25 per calendar year you will receive our monthly newsletter as well as a tax receipt. Click here to donate.
A partnership for a less wasteful future
To waste is, ultimately, unsustainable. Squandering assets and heedlessly dumping residual materials into the environment create negative economic, social and ecological impacts.
On the other hand, waste reduction, re-use and recycling make sense from all perspectives. The enormous costs of resource depletion and ecosystem contamination can be avoided.
Sustaining Members recognize the value of an organization which speaks for waste reduction in the province. They share SWRC's values and support its activities.
Sustaining Members contribute $10,000 or more annually to the operation of the SWRC.
Sustaining Members receive ongoing acknowledgement:
- in our newsletter, WasteWatch
- on our website home page
- at conferences, forums and workshops
- at our Annual General Meeting
- in our Annual Report
To become a Sustaining Member, contact Joanne Fedyk, Executive Director at 306-931-3242.
SWRC gratefully acknowledges our sustaining members:
- SARCAN Recycling
- SARRC (Sask. Association for Resource Recovery Corp.)
- EPRA SK (Electronic Products Recycling Assoc.)
- City of Saskatoon
- Product Care Association
- Ministry of Environment
- Multi-Material Stewardship Western
- EVRAZ Inc. NA Canada