Who we are
The Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council is dedicated to helping the people of Saskatchewan reduce waste. We are a non-governmental organization and our funding comes from many sources, including our members. We are also a registered non-profit and a charitable organization. Our members and board of directors guide our activities. Curious how we got started? You can read more about our history here.
As an advocate for community and environment, SWRC will lead in addressing the underlying causes of waste by identifying opportunities, creating connections and promoting solutions.
A waste-free Saskatchewan.
For more on our mission, click here.
- To provide accurate, balanced waste reduction information.
- To encourage networking and partnership development.
- To offer input on policies which deal with solid and hazardous waste.
- Waste ReForum annual conference
- a database of Saskatchewan recycling programs
- participation on stakeholder committees
- publications and response to inquiries
- composting promotion and training
- co-ordination of Waste Reduction Week in Canada for Saskatchewan
- monthly newsletter, WasteWatch
- annual Saskatchewan Waste Minimization Awards