- Our 3Rs Lifestyle pages offer tips to
consumers and municipalities on tackling the waste problem; provide information on ecological footprints, consumerism, and more...; and help educate you on public education and social marketing - how we infuence people to do what we want.
- Beverage container recycling - in Saskatchewan, and beyond.
- Composting - a wealth of information on all types of composting, as well as grasscycling options.
- Construction, renovation and demolition (CRD) generates enormous amounts of waste materials with enormous potential for reduction, reuse and recycling.
- E-waste (electronics and computer waste) is a growing issue in Canada and elsewhere.
- Glass - durable, easy to reuse, more difficult to recycle.
- Hazardous Wastes - facts and solutions (see also our Paint section below).
- Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional (ICI) Waste - issues, sucess stories.
- Metals are valuable resources and excellent materials for recycling.
- Paint typically makes up at least 50% of household hazardous wastes.
- Paper -
tips on reuse and recycling, and new technologies.
- Plastics - history of plastics, recycling, local approaches and industry trends.
- Tires - Twenty million scrap tires are generated annually in Canada.
- Zero Waste - The target for the new millenium.
- In Brief - News about waste reduction, in Saskatchewan and around the world.
- For other information, see our links page.
Back to Home Page