Household Hazardous Waste Recycling Days
In Saskatoon - PLEASE NOTE NEW VENUE IN 2013: Credit Union Centre, Lot 4 (101 - 3515, Thatcher Avenue). Events will NO LONGER take place at Envirotec Services on Cory Road.
2013 Dates (all Saturdays) 9:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- January 19
- February 23
- March 23
- April 13
- May 4 and May 25
- June 8 and June 22
- July 20
- August 17
- September 7 and September 21
- October 5 and October 26
- November 16
- December 14
This program is open to Saskatoon residents only. Proof of residency identification required. No commercial hazardous products of any kind will be accepted as part of this program.
* * * * * *
The following materials will be accepted in Saskatoon:
- Adhesives - contact cement, caulking, sealer, carpet and linoleum adhesives, glue
- Aerosols - hair spray, insect repellant, lubricant spray, furniture cleaner
- Automotive - used engine oil, used engine oil filters, antifreeze, batteries, carburetor cleaners, oil fuel, windshield cleaner
- Batteries - automotive, cellphone, dry-cell, NiCad, lithium, alkali, lead-acid
- Cleaners - oven cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, glass cleaner, spot remover, disinfectants, car wax
- Corrosives - drain cleaner, engine degreaser, ammonia, battery acid, sulfuric acid
- Fuels - gasoline, diesel, kerosene, lamp oil, oil/gas mixture
- Mercury - mercury, thermometers, thermostats, fluorescent tubes, compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)
- Oxidizers - chlorine, bleach, pool chemicals, fertilizers, hydrogen peroxide, septic tank chemicals
- Poisons - lawn herbicides, garden chemicals, rat poison, gopher killer, insecticides
- Pharmaceuticals - old prescription drugs, medicines (no sharps or biological waste)
- Propane Cylinders - barbeque cylinders, camp cylinders
- Solvents - paint thinner, acetone, varsol, alcohol, benzene, xylene, naphtha
Please note that paints can be recycled at any SARCAN depot during their regular hours. They should not be taken to the Saskatoon Household Hazardous Waste events.
Materials collected through these programs will be recycled or reused wherever possible.
For more information on the City of Saskatoon's Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program, please call 975-2486 or visit www.saskatoon.ca and search under H for Household Hazardous Waste.
For more information on events around the province, contact Mannie Cheung of Product Care at (604) 592-2972 ext. 203.
Back to Haz Waste main page
Back to Resources main page
Back to Home page