Waste Reduction Week
Reducing our dependency and switching to cleaner, renewable fuel systems is important for protecting the environment.
Here are some things you can do to make a difference:
- Take the bus, ride your bike or walk to work.
- Try carpooling—not only to work, but to your child's sporting events, lessons, etc. Carpooling with one other person cuts emissions and gas costs in half.
- If you have no other travel option, maintain your vehicle and get regular tune-ups. It not only increases fuel economy but also reduces air pollution.
- Turn off the engine and avoid idling.
- Coordinate your trips throughout the week.
- Check your tire pressure often. Under-inflated tires can increase fuel consumption.
- Use a block heater in the winter and set it on a timer that will turn it on an hour or two before you start driving.
- Avoid using your air-conditioner unless absolutely necessary.